It's the last week of January...and although I'm sad to see the first month of 2012 fly by, I'm more than excited for February to arrive. For me, February is a month of exciting celebrations, with my birthday falling on Valentine's Day each year. And what better time to throw the perfect 'pink' party than with a bit of festive decor, sweet treats and the perfect accessories? (The party dress is still to be determined, but thinking something like this.)
1. The perfect cake (i prefer vanilla), but with a colorful ombre effect.
2. Simple decorations in girly colors to add for the evening.
3. Large hot pink gemstones (by Kate Spade New York) to adorn any outfit.
4. Pink Birthday Cake Cocktails (pretty trimmed with a touch of sprinkles.)
How are you planning to celebrate Valentine's Day? Any links to fun party ideas are always appreciated. xox
It's been nearly two weeks since my last post and I can't believe I let myself get behind. However, this month has been packed with everything from client events and work meetings to new opportunities and fashionshow planning. Here are a few snapshots (via Instagram) from January (which is nearly over - can you believe it?)
1. Living in leopard print and top knots.
2. Taking time to enjoy a cocktail after a long day in the office.
3. Finding daily inspiration in the little things.
4. Spending my weekends planning for Kansas City Fashion Week and new business ventures.
5. Mixing it up on 'Casual Friday' and creating outfits that make a statement.
6. Only purchasing quality pieces to create a truly versatile wardrobe.
7. Planning for my upcoming birthday with a colorful wishlist.
8. Letting myself indulge after an intense cardio class.
9. Believing in the power of pink.
How have you spent the past few weeks?
left row: Cambridge Satchel Co. "fluroro" in neon pink, yellow and green. / $155.00 each. middle row: Marc Jacobs paradise clutch in yellow, pink clutch from Zara, Givenchy envelope clutch in orange. right row: marc by marc jacobs turnlock clutch, Rebecca Minkoff 'mini'.
On the top of my lust list is one of the adorable bright neon satchels from Cambridge Satchel Co. Perfect for spring, these small satchels add a pop of color to any attire. The only problem is, which hue do I like the most?
(top and belt / f21, trousers / LOFT, shoes / Jessica Simpson, watch and sunglasses / Michael Kors, handbag / Aldo)
Here it is...my first official outfit post. I've always disliked seeing myself in photographs, (I'm the girl that's usually behind the camera, not in front of it) but decided to take this as part of my 2012 resolution to challenge myself. So, please disregard my major awkwardness.
As for the outfit, I've been on a color craze lately - especially leaning toward bursts of pink and red. Perhaps you saw my attire inspired by Giambattista Valli on Instagram? Although a PR girl can never go wrong in a head-to-toe black ensemble, it's much more fun to wear a pair of poppy pink platforms in the office.
How are you wearing bursts of bold colors this season?
Anyone else dreaming of spring? The lovely weather lately has me thirsting for all things bright and bold. And with the season around the corner, it may be time to invest in these hues that popped on the S/S '12 runway.
Tangerine + Poppy Pink
Which is your favorite?